Terrific Broth is a highly-referenced microbial growth medium used for the cultivation of E. coli. This nutrient-rich microbial broth contains glycerol, peptides, amino acids, water-soluble vitamins, and carbohydrates.
Suitable for non-selective cultivation of E. coli strains for cloning, high yield DNA plasmid production and high yield production of recombinant proteins. Also suitable for selective cultivation when appropriate antibiotics are added.
Terrific broth has been used:
to grow BL21 (DE3) cells containing plasmid expressing IL-8 (interleukin-8)Terrific broth is also suitable for use in bacterial suspension (Bacillus subtilis strain 1085B)
- as a medium for selective growth of E.coli BL21 (DE3) V2RpRARE expressing MLL SET (nuclear proto-oncogene) domain in pET28GST-LIC
1 kg in poly bottle
Features and Benefits
Terrific Broth EZMix™ powder provides:
- Granulated, dust-free format for safer handling and faster mixing
- A budget-friendly alternative to liquid
- Modified formulation (without glycerol)
- Easy scale-up using larger package sizes
*Note some of the product sizes available are given in liquid measure. This is a powder format product and those sizes reflect the final reconstituted volume.
23.6g/L Yeast Extract
Suspend 24.1 g of powder and 4 mL of glycerol in sufficient deionized water to make 500 mL. Autoclave for 15 minutes at 121 °C to sterilize. Allow to cool before making additions, such as antibiotics (if desired).
EZMix is a trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany