TRI reagent® is a quick and convenient ready-to-use reagent useful for efficient total RNA extraction or for the simultaneous isolation of RNA, DNA and protein. TRI reagent® is a mixture of guanidine thiocyanate and phenol in a monophasic solution.
Homogenization or lysis of the tissue sample in TRI reagent® dissolves RNA, DNA and protein. The addition of chloroform or 1-bromo-3-chloropropane followed by centrifugation results in the separation of the mixture into three phases: an aqueous phase containing the RNA, the interphase containing DNA, and an organic phase containing proteins. Each of the components can then be isolated after separating the phases.
TRI Reagent has been used:
- in the isolation of total RNA from various tissue samples and cells
- for the lysis of monocytes
- to isolate cytoplasmic RNA from SARS-CoV infected Vero cells
- to isolate total RNA from MDMs (monocyte-derived macrophages) infected with influenza A (H5N1) virus
- to prepare a viral lysate of SARS-CoV culture for the creation of a clone encoding the S glycoprotein in the development of SARS-CoV vaccine
The RNA, DNA and protein that are isolated using TRI reagent® can further be used for downstream applications, such as cloning, PCR, RT-PCR, Northern blots, mRNA isolation, in vitro translation, RNase protection assay, restriction enzyme digestion, Southern blots, SDS-PAGE and western blots.
TRI Reagent is an improved version of the single-step total RNA isolation reagent developed by Chomczynski. The RNA isolation method based on this reagent is widely used and proven for RNA applications. It is ideal for quick, economical, and efficient isolation of total RNA or the simultaneous isolation of RNA, DNA, and proteins from samples of human, animal, plant, yeast, bacterial, and viral origin.
25, 100, 200 mL in glass bottle
Features and Benefits
Easy-to-use: A single reagent that can be used for RNA, DNA and protein isolation that is free of any contamination.
Multi-purpose: TRI Reagent® performs well with large or small amounts of tissue or cells and works with many samples including human, plant, yeast, bacterial and viral samples.
Efficient: TRI reagent® gives better yields than traditional guanidine thiocyanate/cesium chloride methods. The whole process of RNA extraction starting with fresh tissue or cells can be completed in less than one hour.
- Easily scalable RNA isolation
- Works with many sources: human, plant, yeast, bacterial, or viral
- Better yields than traditional guanidine thiocyanate/cesium chloride methods
TRI Reagent is a registered trademark of Molecular Research Center, Inc.