Duolink® In Situ Detection Reagents Green contains all the necessary Duolink In situ reagents to perform the amplification and detection of bound PLA® probes. The detection probes contain a fluorophore (lex = 495 nm and lem = 527 nm), which may be visualized using the same filter as Cy®2 or FITC. Experiments conducted using Duolink In situ reagents can detect and visualize protein interactions, protein expression levels and post translational modifications at the single molecule level in fixed cells and tissue samples.
Green fluorescence detection reagents are often used with FITC filter.
Duolink® In Situ Detection Reagents has been used in the proximity ligation assay of:
- vasopressin and gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from frozen rat brain sections
- human embryonic kidney 293 cells (HEK)
- pituitary tissues
Duolink®proximity ligation assay(PLA®) allows for endogenous detection of protein interactions, post translational modifications, and protein expression levels at the single molecule level in fixed cells and tissue samples.
Features and Benefits
- No overexpression or genetic manipulation reNo overexpression or genetic manipulation required
- High specificity (fewer false positives)
- Single molecule sensitivity due to rolling circle amplification
- Relative quantification possible
- No special equipment needed
- Quicker and simpler than FRET
- Increased accuracy compared to co-IP
- Publication-ready results
See datasheet for more information.
- 5x Ligation - Contains oligonucleotides that hybridize to the PLA probes and all components needed for ligation except the Ligase
- 1x Ligase (1 unit/μL)
- 1x Polymerase (10 units/μL)
- 5x Amplification Green - Contains all components needed for Rolling Circle Amplification (RCA) except the Polymerase. It also contains oligonucleotide probes labeled with a fluorophore that hybridize to the RCA product.
Not included in Detection kit:
Primary antibodies, PLA probes, wash buffers, mounting medium
To perform a complete Duolink® PLA in situ experiment you will need two primary antibodies (PLA, IHC, ICC or IF validated) that recognize two target epitopes. Other necessary reagents include a pair of PLA probes from different species (one PLUS and one MINUS), detection reagents, wash buffers, and mounting medium. Note that the primary antibodies must come from the same species as the Duolink® PLA probes. Analysis is carried out using standard immunofluorescence assay equipment.
Storage and Stability
Store the components at –20 °C. The enzymes should be kept cold (–20 °C) at all times, use a freezing block when removing them from the freezer.
Cy is a registered trademark of Cytiva
Duolink is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
PLA is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC