KOD One™ PCR master Mix -Blue- is a ready-to-use 2 x PCR master mix containing a novel genetically modified KOD DNA polymerase (UKOD) along with a new elongation accelerator, enabling fast PCR with an extension time of 5 sec/ kb for template DNA <10kb. This master mix has greater efficiency and flexibility than conventional PCR enzymes with an ability to amplify from crude specimens such as blood and mouse cell lysates. In addition to crude samples, it can be used on templates containing uracils (dU). The master mix can use primers containing both inosines (dI) and dU for amplification.
This hot start KOD polymerase is antibody-inactivated with two types of antibodies that prevent the 5′→3′ polymerase activity and 3′→5′ exonuclease activity. Upon heat-activation, the 3′→5′ proof-reading ability of the enzyme generates blunt-end PCR products.
- Genomic DNA amplification
- cDNA amplification
- Direct PCR
- Colony PCR
- Amplification of NGS libraries
- Site direct gene mutation
Compatible Sample Types: Serum, Plasma, Cell, Plant, soil extraction, DNA, nail, hair etc.
Sample Volume Needed: about 50ng DNA
Features and Benefits
o =1 kb: 1 sec
- Fast: Amplifies the targets using the following very short conditions:
o 1∼ 10 kb: 5 sec/ kb
o 10 kb∼: 10 sec/ kb
- Ready-to-use: 2X premixed solution of UKOD DNA polymerase, buffer, dNTPs, and MgCl2. KOD One PCR Master Mix Blue includes a loading dye (BPB) to allow direct loading onto agarose gels.
- High Fidelity: Approximately 80-fold higher fidelity than conventional Taq DNA polymerase. This mix can be used for various purposes where this would be an advantage (e.g., in the preparation of long target amplicons for sequencing).
- High Efficiency: Enables high throughput PCR and ultra-fast PCR cycling conditions with an extension time of as quick as 5 sec/kb.
- Crude Sample PCR: Effective for direct PCR amplification of crude samples such as biological samples, food samples, soil extract, etc.
- High flexibility: Amplifies templates containing uracils (dU). Also, amplifies fragments using degenerate primers with inosines (dI) and uracils (dU)
KMM-201NV - 5X1ML is sufficient for 500 reactions at 20 μL each or for 200 reactions at 50 μL each.
KMM-201NVS - 0.25ML is sufficient for 25 reactions at 20 μL each or for 10 reactions at 50 μL each.
Storage and Stability
Stored at -20 °C for a year. 4 °C for a month.
For R&D use only. Not for drug, household, or other uses.
*Manufactured by Toyobo and distributed by Sigma-Aldrich. Not available in Japan.
KOD One is a trademark of Toyobo Co., Ltd.