Elix® Essential delivers Type 2 pure water to support a broad range of research areas. It is designed to be fed from potable water and is the ideal feed for laboratory equipment, including ultrapure water systems.
In the Elix® Essential system′s water purification sequence, potable tap water is first treated with a Progard® pretreatment pack, followed by reverse osmosis (RO) to produce RO Type 3 water. This water enters the Elix® electrodeionization (EDI) module, which continuously regenerates ion-exchange resins using a small electrical field. This process requires only very small amounts of water and energy and results in consistently high-quality pure Type 2 water without a need for external chemical regeneration of the resin beads.
The pure water stored in a polyethylene (PE) reservoir can be either sourced through the tank front valve or sent by a distribution pump to feed laboratory instruments.
Type 2 pure water is one of the most widely used reagents in the laboratory. It is used by scientists, researchers, and engineers everywhere in environments as diverse as academic, hospital, and quality control laboratories. It is used as feed to laboratory equipment (e.g., Milli-Q® Type 1 ultrapure water systems, weathering testing chambers, autoclaves, glassware washers, and dissolution testing units). It is also used in the lab to prepare microbiological media, buffers and pH solutions, and solutions for use in histology. Examples of uses include thermodynamic studies, emulsions and membrane science.
Features and Benefits
- Intelligent Reverse Osmosis (RO) controls water consumption, ensures a constant product flow rate (10 L/h).
- Patented EDI module provides superior quality pure water while preserving the environment (self-regeneration of resin beads, minimal electricity consumption and no extra softener required).
- Pure water stored in a PE tank minimizes risks of contamination during water storage.
- The tank vent filter provides effective protection against airborne contaminants.
- The ASM, Automatic Sanitization Module, prevents biofilm formation.
- Resistivity values are >5 MΩ·cm at 25 °C, and TOC (Total Organic Carbon) <30 ppb.
- The product water is of better quality than double-distilled water.
- The Progard® cartridge incorporates RFID technology. This provides instant visibility on cartridge parameters and also ensures a safe and optimal performance of your system, giving you full traceability.
- A color-coded backlit LCD clearly shows message importance with system alert and alarm icons.
- Millitrack™ e-Solutions provides enhanced data management control, remote access capabilities to the system dashboard, and long-term electronic archiving for the water system.
- With its small footprint, the system can be placed on or under the bench or wall-installed, depending on your needs, saving lab space.
- Delivered with a Certificate of Calibration for the built-in temperature and resistivity meters, and a Certificate of Conformity ensuring that it has been built and tested fully assembled following internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- This is a web reference. The end letters "WW" will be replaced by the country letters on your invoice to have the right shipping kit for the country. This ensures you receive the user manual in the local language and a power cord adapted to the local electrical network.
- The indicated price currently corresponds to the above catalogue number only; it is subject to change at any time without notice.
- This catalogue number does not include consumables, accessories and other products and/or services that may be required for the installation and the correct operation of the water purification unit over time.
- Because our customers each have specific purified water needs, we recommend that you have your purchase validated by one of our specialists. We remain at your disposal to advise you, do not hesitate to contact us!
ELIX is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
MILLITRACK is a trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Milli-Q is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
PROGARD is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany