Methanol is an organic solvent that can be synthesized from syngas in the presence of CuO/ZnO/Al2O3 catalysts. It is an ideal candidate as a hydrogen source in fuel cell technology due to its high H/C ratio, low propensity for soot generation, relatively low reforming temperature and as it exists in liquid state at room temperature. In a direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC), methanol undergoes oxidation with air to generate electricity. The olefins (ethylene or propylene) formed from methanol via MTO (methanol-to-olefins) process, can be an alternate to oil and gas to produce hydrocarbon fuels.
Thermochemical conversion of methanol to C2-C10 hydrocarbons in the presence of shape-selective zeolites has been reported. Its oxidation on Ru-Pt catalyst system by ruthenium ad-atoms has been proposed.
Methanol (MeOH) has been used in the wholemount immunofluorescence studies of embryonic tissues.
It may be used in the following studies:
- Colony forming unit-fibroblast assay of bone marrow mononuclear cells.
- As solvent for the preparation of extracts of hyphae of Aspergillus for the estimation of gliotoxin by reversed phase-HPLC.
- Immunofluorescence studies.
- To compose the eluent for the ion-pair reverse-phase HPLC isolation of nucleotides and their decomposition products.
Methanol can be used as a mobile phase in reversed-phase liquid chromatography.
100 mL in glass bottle
1, 6×1, 2, 4×2, 4, 4×4 L in glass bottle
18 L in Pure-Pac™ 1
50, 200 L in Pure-Pac™ 2
Product filtered through a 0.2 μm filter
Pure-Pac® II containers require the Micromatic MacroValve coupler for dispensing solvents, Z560723.
- The article number 34860-4X2.5L-R will be discontinued. Please order the single bottle 34860-2.5L-R which is physically identical with the same exact specifications.
- The article number 34860-6X1L-R will be discontinued. Please order the single bottle 34860-1L-R which is physically identical with the same exact specifications.
Discover LiChropur reagents ideal for HPLC or LC-MS analysis
Pure-Pac is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC