PhosSTOP tablets are a proprietary blend of phosphatase inhibitors, formulated as a ready-to-use tablet which dissolves quickly in aqueous solutions (buffers), including buffers containing formalin (for formalin fixation).
Protects proteins against dephosphorylation. Inhibits phosphatase classes such as acid and alkaline phosphatases, as well as serine/threonine (PP1, PP2A, and PP2B) and tyrosine protein phosphatases (PTP) in bacterial, mammalian, yeast, and plant extracts.
PhosSTOP™ protects protein extracts against dephosphorylation. The tablets inhibit a broad spectrum of phosphatases such as acidic and alkaline phosphatases, as well as serine/threonine (PP1, PP2A, and PP2B), dual-specificity phosphatases and tyrosine protein phosphatases (PTP) in bacterial, insect, mammalian, yeast, and plant extracts. PhosSTOP Tablets are well suited for the purification and detection of phoshorylated proteins. They are also used to prevent dephosphorylation in formalin-fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue sections.
PhosSTOP tablets can be applied in combination with cOmplete Protease Inhibitor Cocktail Tablets to simultaneously protect proteins against dephosphorylation and proteolytic degradation. Both inhibitor tablets maintain their activity when used together.
PhosSTOP inhibitors were evaluated for their effect on protein assays. The inhibition shows almost no influence on BCA or Bradford protein assays.
PhosSTOP™ has been used as a component of
- lysis buffer for the lysis of frozen mouse tissue to obtain protein supernatant
- lysis of bone derived macrophages
- nuclear extraction buffer for cell lysis and immunoprecipitation
Features and Benefits
Achieve immediate, effective, and convenient inhibition of a broad spectrum of phosphatases across a wide range of sample materials (e.g., mammalian, plant, yeast, and bacteria) with non-toxic PhosSTOP Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail Tablets. PhosSTOP is a proprietary blend of phosphatase inhibitors, formulated as a ready-to-use, quick-dissolving, water-soluble tablet.
- Comprehensive protection: Inhibit acid and alkaline phosphatases, as well as serine/threonine (PP1, PP2A, and PP2B) and tyrosine protein phosphatases.
- Safe: Dissolve the non-toxic PhosSTOP Tablets in aqueous solutions and avoid organic solvents (e.g., DMSO).
- Suitable for formalin fixation: Maintain phosphorylation status of proteins in histological sections.
- Convenient: Eliminate the time-consuming search for just the right phosphatase inhibitor.
- Easy to use: Simply drop a quick-dissolving tablet into your buffer.
- Stable: Store stock solutions for 1 month at +2 to +8°C, or for at least 6 months at -15 to -25°C.
For all-inclusive protein protection, combine PhosSTOP with cOmplete or cOmplete ULTRA Protease Inhibitor Tablets to inhibit both phosphatases and proteases.
Working concentration: 1 tablet per 10 ml cell extract or buffer
Working solution: Solvent is recommended in distilled water or aqueous buffers (including buffers containing formalin).
Dissolve one tablet per 10 ml aqueous buffer. Alternatively, prepare a 10x stock solution in 1 ml dist. water or 100 mM phosphate buffer, pH 7.0. Higher concentrations of stock solutions (e.g., 20x) are possible.
Storage conditions (working solution): 2 to 8 °C
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
PhosSTOP is a trademark of Roche