PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate is a growth factor rich supplement that is a superior alternative to fetal bovine serum (FBS) for human mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) culture. Optimal growth of MSCs can be achieved with 5% PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate. PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate has been used to effectively to grow mesenchymal stem cells derived from other species including mouse, rabbit and porcine.
PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate is derived from normal human donor platelets collected at U.S. blood centers. Multiple donors units are pooled in large batch sizes and manufactured to produce a consistent product. Heparin (porcine) approved for human intravenous use is used in the preparation of PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate. This product contains human derived materials and must be treated as potentially infectious. Universal precautions for biological samples should be used in handling and disposal.
Instructions for Use
• Add Heparin to the media at a final concentration of 2 U/mL. Failure to add heparin may result in coagulation of certain media.
• For optimal growth of human mesenchymal stem cells, add 5% vol/vol PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate to usual cell culture medium such as DMEM and αMEM.
• Plate cells at approximately 1.5x103 cells per cm2.
• Do not allow primary MSC confluence to exceed 80%.
• Product has been aseptically filtered with 0.2 µm filters. Particulates will be observed after thawing. Particulate formation is normal will not affect performance even in the presence of large particulates. Filtration is not recommended.
• To reduce particulates from forming, minimize freeze/thaw cycles and extended storage at 4°C. Some particulate formation can be reversed with brief incubation at 37°C, if desired.
PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate is a growth factor rich supplement that is a superior alternative to fetal bovine serum (FBS) for human mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) culture. 100ml.
Stem Cell Research
Research Sub Category
Mesenchymal Stem Cells
PLTMax Human Platelet Lysate is manufactured with the highest quality of raw materials. All human derived materials are obtained from government inspected facilities and are of US origin. Each donor unit was approved for human use and has been tested for infectous diseases including HIV-1, HIV-2, HCV, HBsAg, and RPR for Syphilis.
Each lot is extensively tested for the following parameters:
Total protein: 4.0-6.5 g/dl
Endotoxin USP <8>: <10 EU/mL
Mycoplasma: Not detected
Sterility Testing: Negative for growth
Storage and Stability
Store at -80°C upon receipt. Thaw at room temperature or in a water bath. After thawing, aliquot and store at -20°C or colder. Long term storage at -80°C is recommended. Multiple freeze/thaw cycles are not recommended.
CHEMICON is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Unless otherwise stated in our catalog or other company documentation accompanying the product(s), our products are intended for research use only and are not to be used for any other purpose, which includes but is not limited to, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses or any type of consumption or application to humans or animals.