Reliable SPME performance meets smart technology for unsurpassed efficiency and reproducibility
The entire portfolio of our traditional Supelco® SPME fibers is now available in the Smart SPME format for accurate, precise and consistent results.
This range of engineered sorbent phases offer the following benefits:
- Optimal extraction and desorption efficiency
- Minimized sample carryover
- Sampling of analytes over a wide molecular weight range
Innovative SPME coatings engineered by Supelco® analytical chemists
We continue to lead the market in the development of innovative SPME coatings designed to solve your analytical challenges:
- Supelco® SPME-OC (overcoated) PDMS/DVB fibers were designed to address the challenges associated with immersion SPME. During direct immersion, food samples which contain fats, sugars, pigments, and other macromolecules tend to stick to adsorptive (particle) SPME fibers causing a reduction in fiber life time. Additionally, these matrix components can be transferred to the GC where they may interfere with chromatographic analysis or cause more frequent maintenance. Supelco® SPME-OC PDMS/DVB fibers incorporate a protective PDMS overcoating on the fiber making it more physically robust, less prone to chemical fouling, and enable an efficient wash step reducing matrix transfer.
- Carboxen® (CAR/PDMS) coated fibers offer the most efficient extraction of small volatile analytes (molecular weight < 150). Due to the greater relative absorptive strength of Carboxen® fibers for small molecules, compared to spherical graphitized polymer carbon (SGPC) or graphitized carbon black (GCB) adsorbents, they can retain volatile analytes more strongly for more sensitive and reliable results. This characteristic can be attributed to the Carboxen® tapered pore structure which results in enhanced thermodynamic properties and kinetics, enabling both efficient adsorption and desorption of low molecular weight or volatile compounds. Carboxen® fibers are ideal for trace level analysis. Carboxen® fibers are also used in the dual coated DVB/CAR/PDMS version, which offers high extraction efficiencies of a particle fiber but expands the molecular weight range that can be sampled with a single fiber.