X-tremeGENE 9 DNA Transfection Reagent is a proprietary blend of lipids and other components supplied in 80% ethanol, filtered through 0.2 μm pore size membrane, and packaged in glass vials.
X-tremeGENE™ 9 DNA Transfection Reagent is a non-liposomal multi-component reagent for experiments involving cellular analysis. Due to its extremely low cytotoxicity, minimal need for optimization, and the ability to provide high transfection efficiency in a wide range of commonly used cell lines even in the presence of serum, it is well suited for applications in all fields of cellular analysis.
X-tremeGENE™ 9 DNA Transfection Reagent is well suited for cellular analysis applications such as:
- Expression of recombinant proteins for functional analysis.
- Physiological studies of metabolic pathways.
- Analysis of regulatory sequences using reporter gene assays.
- Gene expression assays.
- Cancer research studies.
- Target evaluation.
Features and Benefits
- Generate physiologically relevant results using a reagent with extremely low cytotoxicity for maximum post-transfection cell viability.
- Save time and eliminate multiple handling steps; simply dilute X-tremeGENE 9 DNA Transfection Reagent, incubate with plasmid DNA, and pipet the mixture directly onto your cells (with or without serum).
- Avoid time-consuming optimization procedures in commonly used cell lines.
Each lot of X-tremeGENE™ 9 DNA Transfection Reagent is carefully tested following established quality procedures to ensure that the product is consistently performing according to specifications. During quality testing, cells are transfected with a reporter gene vector DNA using X-tremeGENE™ 9 DNA Transfection Reagent (ratio 3:1 μl/μg DNA). Reporter gene activity is monitored via chemiluminescent detection. Using a standard curve, the total amount of recombinant protein is determined per well in order to meet specification.
Supplied in 80% ethanol and sterile-filtered through 0.2 μm pore size membrane.Number of Tests: Using the standard procedure, 1 ml of X-tremeGENE 9 DNA Transfection Reagent can be used to perform up to 6,600 transfections in 96-well plates using 3:1 ratio and up to 10,000 transfections using 2:1 ratio.
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
X-tremeGENE is a trademark of Roche