The Direct-Q® 5 UV Remote Water Purification Systems deliver both pure and ultrapure water directly from the tap water for use in a wide variety of laboratory applications. Direct-Q® systems can be equipped with integrated (6 L) or external (30 or 60 L) water reservoirs and can be installed under or on the bench, or wall-mounted.
The system′s built-in 185 nm UV lamp reduces the levels of organics for critical applications. You can fine-tune your ultrapure water quality to match your applications using Application-specific point-of-use polishers to remove specific contaminants such as bacteria, particulates, pyrogen, nucleases, endocrine disruptors, or volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
The system′s versatile remote dispenser helps you stay focused on your work by providing ultrapure water delivery where you need it. The remote dispenser can be placed up to two meters from the Direct-Q® system and is available in free-standing or wall-mounted models.
Pure water (Type 3) produced by the Direct-Q® 5 UV Remote Water Purification System is recommended for general laboratory tasks, preparation of buffers and reagent solutions, and rinsing of laboratory glassware.
Ultrapure water (Type 1) is used for analytical chemistry (liquid chromatography, elemental analysis, etc.), for molecular biology, biochemistry and cell culture media, for dissolving samples, etc.
Features and Benefits
Simple handling and maintenance:
- Easy installation anywhere in your laboratory with its compact design and optional remote dispenser. Either wall-mounted, on or under the bench, choose the setup that is most convenient for your daily work.
- Dispensing adapted to different size laboratory glassware at an instant flow rate of 0.5 L/min.
- Save time thanks to the volumetric function. System automatically delivers the water volume that you request.
- Easily insert your purification cartridge in one movement with the patented locking mechanism.
- This is a web reference. The end letters "WW" will be replaced by the country letters on your invoice to have the right shipping kit for the country. This ensures you receive the user manual in local language and a power cord adapted to the local electrical network.
- The indicated price currently corresponds to the above catalogue number only; it is subject to change at any time without notice.
- This catalogue number does not include consumables, accessories and other products and/or services that may be required for the installation and the correct operation of the water purification unit over time.
- Because our customers each have specific purified water needs, we recommend that you have your purchase validated by one of our specialists. We remain at your disposal to advise you, do not hesitate to contact us!
DIRECT-Q is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany