With a combination of reverse osmosis (RO) technology and deionization (DI) resins, the compact, user-friendly RiOs-DI® 3 Water Purification System produces up to 15 L per day of consistent-quality Type 2 pure water—easily and economically.
The combined power of RO and DI resins provides pure water with high resistivity (> 10 MΩ·cm) and low TOC (< 30 ppb) whose quality surpasses that of service DI or distilled water. RiOs-DI® systems let you avoid the many drawbacks of these other purification methods: high lab space demands to store resin bottles or accommodate distillation equipment; heavy maintenance; lack of water quality monitoring; and in the case of distillation, high energy and water use, as well as the need for strong chemicals for cleaning.
RiOs-DI® systems are a source of pure (Type 2) water for general laboratory tasks, such as preparation of buffers, microbiological culture media and reagent solutions, and rinsing of laboratory glassware.
Features and Benefits
- Superior quality pure water: Easy-to-use RiOs-DI® systems produce Type 2 pure water with quality superior to that of service DI or stills. With their combination of reverse osmosis (RO) technology and deionization resins, RiOs-DI® systems let you avoid the issues associated with service DI or distillation (maintenance, storage, cleaning, etc.).
- Pure water for general laboratory use: Water from RiOs-DI® systems is suitable for a variety of uses, including buffer and reagent preparation; microbiological culture media preparation; and glassware rinsing.
- Compact design for the most efficient use of your lab space: A small footprint makes it easy to install the RiOs-DI® system wherever you want to in your lab.
- Flow rate and storage volume to meet your low-volume pure water needs: Systems have a pure water flow rate of >2.4 L per hour and an integrated 6 L reservoir for pure water storage.
- High-quality water for applications requiring low bacterial levels: An optional built-in bactericidal UV lamp is available to help ensure optimal water quality for bacteria-sensitive applications.
- Easily accessible information on system operation: The user-friendly display provides system status at a glance; the concise Quick Reference Guide is a handy guide for daily operation.
- Easy installation: The system is designed for easy installation. Just connect the system to a tap water supply, plug it in, and insert the SmartPak® RODI cartridge -your system is ready to use!
- Simple self-maintenance: The single SmartPak® RODI cartridge enables easy and rapid replacement.
- This is a web reference. The end letters "WW" will be replaced by the country letters on your invoice to have the right shipping kit for the country. This ensures you receive the user manual in local language and a power cord adapted to the local electrical network.
- The indicated price currently corresponds to the above catalogue number only; it is subject to change at any time without notice.
- This catalogue number does not include consumables, accessories and other products and/or services that may be required for the installation and the correct operation of the water purification unit over time.
- Because our customers have specific purified water needs, we recommend that you have your purchase validated by one of our specialists. We remain at your disposal to advise you; do not hesitate to
RIOS-DI is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
SMARTPAK is a registered trademark of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany